Red Light Therapy
At Temple of Amada, we use Joovv technology to administer natural infrared light therapy. Joovv diminishes stretch marks and skin issues to promote healthy, flawless skin. Joovv also is attributed to aiding in weight loss, promoting muscle joint recovery while easing pain, and optimizing thyroid function.
What is Red/Near Infared Light Therapy?
Just like plants use sunlight to heal and grow, our body is able to harness specific wavelengths of light and turn them into cellular energy. This, in turn, stimulates your body’s natural healing processes.
Approved by the FDA and studied by NASA, red light stimulates healthy cellular activity and can help you look younger, heal faster, and feel better.
Hollywood stars and Harvard researchers agree: light therapy is great for your skin! Light therapy harnesses the healing power of natural light to rejuvenate your skin cells, boost collagen production, and diminish signs of aging. Leading researchers at Harvard and elsewhere have documented light therapy’s ability to lessen wrinkles, lines, and spots, and improve skin tone & complexion. There are no drugs or notable side effects, and all you have to do is expose your skin to healing red light for 10 minutes a day.
15 minutes: $36
5-Pack: (15-min) $150
10-Pack: (15-min) $240
How does Red/Near Light Therapy work?
Humans have trillions of cells, and each one needs energy to do their job and keep our bodies in balance. Unfortunately, most people don’t get nearly enough healthy, natural light from their daily environment (the average American spends over 90% of their time indoors). PBM therapy treatments deliver the healthy light our bodies, brains, and cells need to thrive and perform their best. Red and NIR light enhances cellular function and promotes greater efficiency and balance in the cellular energy making process. The more efficiently we can create ATP energy in our cells, the better we feel and function. PBM therapy treatments have also been shown to improve blood flow, and they help manage inflammation and oxidative stress.
What are the Benefits of PBM Therapy?
PBM therapy is used by some of the world’s best athletes, trainers, and health practitioners. PBM therapy has also been studied extensively by clinical researchers, and shown to be safe and effective in over 1,000 peer-reviewed studies and trails. These are some of the primary benefits associated with consistent PBM therapy usage:
- Enhanced cellular energy production
- Greater cellular and bodily balance
- Enhanced blood flow
- Sleep improvements
- Better physical performance and enhanced recovery
- Improved inflammation management and healing
- Skin health
- Sharper mental acuity
Safe, Non-Invasive, Chemical & Drug Free
PBM therapy is safe, non-invasive, uses no chemicals or drugs, and is not associated with harmful side effects. This type of therapy delivers red and NIR wavelengths of light that have been proven safe and well-tolerated in over 1,000 peer-reviewed studies. Used by health practitioners and professional sports teams, llight therapy treatments are a quick, low-impact way to improve health and wellness.
Most frequent questions and answers
Red light: Delivered at 660nm, red light is readily absorbed by surface tissues and cells, leading to enhanced skin health and healing.
Near-infrared Light: Delivered at 850nm, near infrared (NIR) light is invisible to the human eye, and penetrates into deeper tissues, leading to enhanced recovery and inflammation support.
The type of light panel we use at Temple of Amada does not require protective eyewear, but we don’t recommend looking directly at the LEDs initially, as it can be uncomfortable until your eyes are accustomed to the light. For this reason, we recommend closing your eyes until you find that it’s comfortable to open them.
A big one! LEDs are the most effective technology for controlling the wavelength and direction of light therapy. They also allow for the delivery of high-intensity output with minimal heat. They’re by far the most efficient source for light therapy.
Joovv uses only the red and near infrared wavelengths that are clinically-proven to be effective and safe. However, we always recommend consulting with your healthcare provider for specific questions about your health conditions.
Devices are not intended to cure or diagnose any medical conditions. Use of these devices help promote healthy skin, strong muscles, and overall health and wellness through optimizing cellular function.
Devices are intended to be used in home and commercial environments. Operation is intended by the user/patient.
Contraindication is a specific situation in which a drug, procedure, or surgery should not be used because it may be harmful to the person.
- Do not use the device if you are photosensitive.
- Do not use the device if using topical, oral, or injectable steroids.
- Do not use the device during the healing period post Lasik eye surgery.
- Do not use the device if pregnant or lactating, users should consult their physician with any questions.
Precaution is a measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant, or inconvenient from happening.
- Red and Near Infrared (NIR) light can aid detoxification symptoms, make sure to follow treatment guidelines list in this manual.
- Near Infrared (NIR) at 850 nm may aid hyper-pigmentation; discontinue use if this is a concern.
- Post-surgery users should consult a physician prior to use.
- Users who have had laser hair removal could experience hair regrowth.
- Users with cancer or history of cancer should consult their physician prior to use.
- Users with pre-existing health conditions should consult their physician prior to use.
- Users with hyperthyroidism should consult with their physician prior to use, as use could increase symptoms.
- Users with black pigmented tattoos could experience skin blistering. Blistering can occur by inadvertent heating of the iron oxides and/or the metal salts in the tattoo’s black pigment. Tattoo locations can be covered prior to your treatment.
- Users with herpes virus could experience activation of dormant virus with use.
- Users taking medications such as Tetracycline, Digoxin, Retin A, and/or other photosensitive drugs, are recommended to consult with your healthcare provider prior to use.
- Users with a history of facial fillers and Botox injections should consult their dermatologist prior to use.
- Users with breast implants should consult their plastic surgeon prior to use.
All Joovv devices use red 660 nm and near-infrared (NIR) 850 nm. Unlike red light, near-infrared light is nearly invisible to the naked eye. When running both wavelengths at the same time, the near-infrared LEDs may appear off. This is due to the contrast of the red and near-infrared, as the red appears much more luminous to our eyes. Rest assured the LEDs are active and delivering a powerful dose of 850 nm.
Temple of Amada, LLC
MIND BODY COHERENCE